Hi, Welcome to my page Sleepy Steps !
My name is Clare and I am like you a busy parent. I live in Wexford, Ireland with my family. I previously worked and travelled within the hospitality industry. I have also worked in medical adminstration. As a mother of two young girls, I understand how tough times can be. Through my own experience and interest in sleep and it's importance, I was drawn towards sleep coaching. I felt compelled to help families enjoy family life . I do not believe in leaving a child to cry. My approach is gentle and my aim is to work with the needs of your family.
I was trained and supervised by Kim West Aka “ the Sleep Lady” and was certified from “The Gentle Sleep Coach Program” which is the most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available in August 2017. I have completed an extensive training program, which involves over 80 hours of training. Some of my training topics included:
· Basic counselling and child development
· Sleep science and behavioural modification techniques.
· Secure attachment theory
· Support for the breastfeeding mother
· In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of babies aged 4-5 months and how to consider all elements of their well-being and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
· Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
· Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnoea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
· Effects Reflux and GURD can have on sleep – Dr. Anthony Loizides, MD- GURD and Sleep
I have also completed training from the Infant Mental Health Institute and Hospital for sick children in Toronto.